Visualizing spatial data I
- Introduce the major components of a geospatial visualization
- Identify how to draw raster maps using
- Practice generating raster maps
Mapping data in The Truthful Art by Alberto Cairo - excellent chapter on designing data maps with lots of examples. Though really the entire book is useful if you do a lot of work with data visualizations of any type. Cornell authentication required.
- Learn Spatial Analysis - tutorials and workshops conducted by the Center for Spatial Data Science at the University of Chicago. Lots of materials developed using R.
What you need to do after class
- Obtain an API key and store it securely on your computer. We will be using
tidycensusnext class, so you will save time if you set this up in advance.